Posted on: Sep 24, 2015
Anytime you want to hire an HVAC contractor, it’s prudent to be careful with who you are entrusting to fit, repair or replace your systems and equipment. This is because it’s the safety and comfort of all the house occupants that is vital. An unqualified or unprofessional contractor can make costly mistakes that could have been avoided if you had taken the time to select a professional. Here are a few tips to help you in your selection:
- Shop around: Hiring a good HVAC contractor will need some investment of your time and effort. This is because the choices are many and you are looking for the best for your works. This means that you should look around and have a shortlist in terms of positive reviews from people who had works similar to yours.
- Referrals: Ask your friends, family and co-workers about good contractors that have worked for them with satisfactory results. This will give you a good starting point in your search.
- Certification and licensing: You should never engage an HVAC contractor who is not licensed to carry out the works you are hiring them to do. Similarly, you should ask for the state certification and if the contractor is fully insured against injury or damages related to their line of work. This will assure you that should there be any mishaps; no claims will be made against you.
- On-site inspection: A professional HVAC contractor will come to your home or office to conduct an inspection. This will give him a good idea of the work that is needed plus all the necessary replacement, tools, and labor.
- Everything is in writing: The best thing to do is to have written estimates from a few contractors for comparison purposes. Invite the contractor you have selected to prepare a written contract if he is to work for you. The contract will show important factors like your work’s scope, payments, expected the date of completion and milestones. It will also include any guarantees on equipment and workmanship.
At Airco Service, Inc. we have more than 50 years experience in HVAC system maintenance and installation. Contact us today for a comprehensive assessment, a quote or for any other information related to any type of HVAC services.
Our aim is to have all households in Oklahoma fully serviced in terms of HVAC related services. Whether you’re in Tulsa or Oklahoma City, we are here for you.