- HEAT AND COOL YOUR HOME MORE EFFICIENTLY
- REDUCE OUTSIDE NOISE
- LOWER GAS AND ELECTRIC BILLS
- FREE ESTIMATES
Adding insulation is the most cost-effective way to make your home cooler in the summers and warmer in the winters. Did you know that your home loses 25% of Heating and Cooling through attics?
During the hot summer months, heat from the outside seeps through your roof and attic making your air conditioner work harder. This can result in higher energy bills. In the winter, heat slips through under-insulated floors, windows and door frames.
Adding the right amount of insulation can save you as much as 50% on your utility bills!
On top of providing a barrier to the heat and the cold, insulation also blocks sound. With additional insulation, you will be able to relax in your home without the noise that comes from outside.
Our friendly technicians are here to provide a FREE ESTIMATE and help you understand how adding insulation can make your energy bill less costly and keep your home more comfortable.
How much insulation do I need in my attic?
Your home likely already has some insulation in its ceilings or attic. However, most homes don’t have nearly enough.
We typically recommend 14+ inches of blown-in insulation for residents in Oklahoma or enough insulation to reach the top of your ceiling joists without covering them.
Heat travels upward, which means having the proper amount of insulation in your attic is crucial. This can mean the difference between sweating and staying cool in the summer, and feeling cozy or freezing cold in the winter. But adding insulation is more than hefting a few bags of fiberglass into your attic.
For insulation to work correctly and prevent a buildup of moisture, air needs to be able to move in and out of your attic. This means that your attic must be properly ventilated. The problem with many low-rent installers or do-it-yourself projects is that attic vents, soffits, and fans get clogged with insulation. That lack of airflow subsequently leads to a buildup of mold, mildew, and wood rot.
Our expert technicians will ensure that insulation is installed correctly and that your attic is properly ventilated so that it adds comfort and value to your home.
Call today for more information on attic insulation and a free estimate.
How do I know if I need more insulation?
If you’re worried your home doesn’t have enough insulation, you can always call us for an inspection and free estimate. But, there are a few indicators that you may have inadequate insulation:
1. Uneven temperatures from room to room.
- Do you have one room in your house that feels like a sauna all summer? You probably need better insulation.
2. Higher than average energy bills.
- Poor insulation makes your appliances, from the air conditioner to the refrigerator, work harder.
3. Hot or cold walls, floors, and ceilings.
- If your interior surfaces feel warmer than the air in your house (or cooler if it’s winter), you may be letting outside air in.
- In the winter, cool air comes in around improperly insulated window frames, baseboards, and doorways.