If you’re looking for ways to improve your AC system’s effectiveness, then look no further than home insulation. Insulating your home or improving the insulation that your home already has is generally well worth the cost. The following are five reasons why you should insulate your home:
- Save money – Believe it or not, insulating your walls, floors and ceilings can help you save a significant amount of money in the long run. That’s because insulation will help keep your home’s warm or cool air inside instead of allowing it to leak out. As a result, your HVAC system won’t have to work as hard to replace lost air. The less your HVAC system has to work, the less energy you’ll use, resulting in lower heating and cooling bills.
- Reduce noise – One of the overlooked benefits of insulation is the fact that it works as an effective sound barrier. Insulation can help prevent outdoor noise, such as traffic sounds, from seeping into your home. Insulation can also prevent noise inside of the house from traveling through the walls.
- Improve comfort – Insulation helps keep cold or hot outside air from penetrating your walls, thereby making it easier to keep your home at your desired temperature levels. In doing so, you’ll also eliminate cold drafts near the windows during the winter season. Basically, insulating your home will make your home more comfortable.
- Improve air quality – Insulation helps prevent condensation from forming, which in turn will help prevent mold growth. Additionally, high-quality insulation is often waterproof. All of this will help to keep the quality of your indoor air high.
- Prevent roof damage – Did you know that without proper attic insulation, your roof is more prone to damage? When you’re heating your home in the winter, heat will rise through the attic unless it’s properly insulated. Once it gets into the attic, it will escape to the roof, where it will melt any accumulated snow. This is problematic because the top layers of snow won’t melt as quickly, which will result in the bottom layer melting and leaking into your roof, causing potential water damage.
If you’re investing in a new AC installation, then you should also consider improving your home’s insulation for the previous five reasons. To schedule a home AC installation or insulation upgrade today, be sure to contact Airco Service in Tulsa, Oklahoma City, and the Grand Lakes area of OK.